Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!

I have to say, that my kids have the most wonderful father, and I have the most thoughtful - loving husband - Hands Down. He always says that we make a great team, but he is more like the team, and I the sideline cheerleader - Every team needs a cheerleader, right?!

We celebrated Fathers Day yesterday, with everyone still at home, and it was great! Dad got to sleep in pretty late, while I went to pick up McKaleigh from the airport (she just spent the last week in Oregon with Grandma and Grandpa). When we got home, dad was up and had Alex on the potty (as we are in the thick of potty training), and was doing a great job! We opened Fathers Day gifts, which consisted of tools for dad, along with what Colton thought was a pretty cool knife (from him), some special homemade chocolate/peanut butter bars, and some special candies. Then we lounged around for awhile while dad watched sports and the kids napped or watched toons. Dad got to pick the day's activity, and he chose a long bike ride. We went to Gardner Village and shopped, and played with the farm animals, and then he let each of the kids pick something from the specialty candy store. Then we rode back home. By then, it was too late to really make a great dinner, so we went to Carl's Jr. I was so proud of the kids, after that long bike ride, they wanted salads for dinner! Dad then settled in for a late night of back to back episodes of Lost.

We are so lucky to have such an active, patient, loving dad! I look at him all of the time and wonder - how I got so lucky! He is - all flattery aside - such a wonderful partner and father and I love our time together!

No comments: