Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Crazy Busy Life

My Mother in Law says that she can tell how busy I am by the number of new posts I have on our blog, and as you all can see...very few of late!

It seems like just when you see a break in the schedule, something comes along and fills it up - not that I am complaining, but life just seems like a freight train lately, without any stops- or really picture/blog worthy ones.

I am not sure how many of you want too see pictures of Mom or Dad in the car coming or going from: Karate, Baseball, Scouts, Activity Days, Work, Maturation Day at school, Haircuts, Dog shots, PTA Meetings, Library pickups, Grocery runs, Weeding, Taking care of the dogging, Shed building, Carpet cleaning, Wall painting, endless phone calls to make and all of that is just this week- some of it everyday!

I have to say, though, in the few minutes I had to sit at the computer and think about all of this, I would not change it. I love my life, my husband, our kids and dog so very much. I really think I would be lost without the chaos, and with all of this, I think about what Abraham Lincoln said, "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years" I truly believe this, so with that said, I may not look like a beauty queen or make much sense when I talk to you, but I will continue to fill my life up so bear with me!

4 comments:

Verity said...

Thanks for sharing this--it's definitely how I've felt lately. :) Can't wait to see you!

Kirsten said...

That picture says it all! Isn't it funny that even with all the craziness, we wouldn't want to be doing anything else??? Hope you can find time for yourself :)Maybe a trip to Vegas...

Matt said...

Can I get an "AMEN"!?!? I totally hear ya! I think we should print that little picture out, tape it to our bathroom mirrors, and use it to remind us to 'enjoy the journey' every day! What do you say??? :)

Deb said...

You are SUPER WOMAN!! Thanks for taking such great care of your family.