Monday, August 24, 2009

Park City Half Marathon - 2009

Well, I have recovered and am alive and well! For some of you who don't know, I had set a goal to run a half marathon by age 35 (yes, I am that old!). Originally there were supposed to be six of us running together, but by the time the event arrived, there were only 3. My dad and brother Dan, completed the event with me - and it was a wonderful, but grueling experience! Where were the other three you might ask? Well, my mom broke her foot, Aunt Katie got herself knocked up and is due in October, and Aunt Sarah just got a new job and could not get away...but those that did not run are already planning the event for next year...there will be about 8 of us (If I can do it). My sister-in-law Sheri said running the half marathon is kind of like having a baby...you don't want to talk about another right after the first, and I have to say I will agree. Here are some pictures from the event!

Here we come through the finish line. My dad is in green on the left, then me and Dan.
Here is my wonderful husband and kids there to show their support!

In this shot, my sister's in law and the kids are on the lookout for us running down the last stretch. They are great supporters!
Here we are coming through the finish...I was really emotional and physically tired. Luckily Dan was there to lend his support!

Here we are...It was the first race that my dad and I had run...Dan is an old pro and he looks like it!
A picture with our medals.

Daddy and the kids. I am really lucky to have such a wonder spouse - who said he was really proud of me. Both kids gave me hugs and said that they were happy that I finished - Alex just wanted the after race snacks that were handed out!
One big group picture of the runners and supporters. Next year the group of runners will be much larger...Will I be one of them? We will just have to wait and see!

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

You are the WOMAN!!! Nice job!

Katie said...

J- You did such a great job! I really want to do it next year. Maybe I can convince Eric to do it too! That would be so great! It would be fun to have so many of us running it! Maybe in 6 months, another 1/2 marathon 6 months away wouldn't seem so terrible!

Katie said...

PS- I like the new blog look and new pictures!

Sheri and Dan said...

AWESOME!!! I am so impressed that you did it. Way to go, I think I will try it next year, but no promises yet

Anna and Luke said...

Awesome. You inspired me to do one. I'm doing one next week in logan. Say a little prayer for me cause I need it. The farthest i have ran is 9 miles. Ley me know of any helpful hints. Did you have to use booger juice!!

The Burrows Family said...

Way to go, Jaymie! I'm jealous! I really want to start running after I pop this kid out. We'll see!

Verity said...

Jaymie, that is spectacular!