Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

On this day, I want to tell my one man what an amazing husband and father he is. I never, in my wildest dreams, thought my life would or could be so wonderful, and I realize it is because of this man - My husband, our dad. Dad's do alot, but it seems as though mothers get most of the recognition, and on this day, I want everyone to know how much we love and appreciate ours.

Words cannot express the love, admiration and appreciation that our family feels for our dad, although it often goes unsaid. I don't know many men that are as giving, loving or as hardworking as our dad is, and he blesses our family in so many little ways. Sitting on the porch with Alex eating Otter Pops, curling up in a chair with McKaleigh and allowing her to chatter to her hearts content, playing Playstation or sports with Colton, and the few quiet moments I get to spend with him - dreaming of our future and enjoying our past. I am and continue to be in awe of what our dad gives to our family and want him to know, on this day, if not everyday, that none of us would be who we are without his love and influence in our lives. We owe it all to you Dad!

We decided to make ice cream for Father's Day. Here are a few shots of Alex enjoying our home-made peach ice cream and sitting with daddy afterward.

1 comment:

Katie said...

So did Brett hose Alex off after the ice cream? :) Brett is a great Dad and I hope that he had a great day!