Thursday, January 1, 2009
The Nativity
Throughout the world over, during the Christmas season, you can usually find beautifully crafted Nativities. This year, just before Christmas, Grandma Cindy spent time with Uncle Dan and Sheri in Jerusalem. While she was there, she found these magnificent Nativities, made from real Olive Wood trees, and brought one back for each family. I suspect that the real event looked as reverent as this depicts, but I will agree with Aunt Katie... that the Myers nativity was a little less reverent, but fun, none the less!
Here is Brett, dressed up as one of the Wisemen. Uncle Eric thought he looked like the guy from the Burger King ads, and had to take a picture with him!
Here is our little family in there costumes for the program Grandma had planned. Brett and I were Wiseman/women, McKaleigh was Mary, Colton was a shepherd, and Alex played one of the sheep.
Mallory made a beautiful Angel!
Here is a shot from part of the story. Grandpa Walt read from the scriptures, and Aunt Katie used her mad piano skills to play during the reading and for some of the Christmas songs we sang.
Uncle Eric played the part of an olden day prophet.
Uncle Brian was also a Wiseman. What a happy participant!
Uncle David was Joseph, with McKaleigh playing a spot on Mary.

Grandma and Sarah were barn animals. Elliot was supposed to play an animal and tried on lots of costumes prior to the event, but was not wanting to wear his costume at showtime, so Grandma took over.
Here is Joseph hanging out with the camel.
And last, but not least, two more shepherds - Uncle Jon and Aunt Kate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish that I have mad piano skills, but at least my husband sang loud like I told him to- to help drown out my many mistakes!!!
Post a Comment